This note provides you with everything you need to know about making an enquiry. It also describes our complaints handling procedure in the event that you wish to lodge a complaint.
- What you can expect from us
- How to make an enquiry or complaint
- Our complaints handling process
- What happens if you are still unhappy
If you are a Northern Ireland Housing Executive tenant with an enquiry or complaint about a contractor working on their behalf, you should contact your local Housing Office.
If you have an enquiry or complaint about your gas bill or gas meter reading, you should contact your natural gas supplier.
1. What you can expect from us
- We always aim to respond promptly to your enquiry or complaint.
- We will treat you with courtesy at all times.
- We will treat in confidence any personal details you give us as required under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- We will do our best to resolve your enquiry or complaint the first time you contact us.
- We will explain any action we intend to take to resolve your enquiry or complaint.
- If we need more time to look into your enquiry or complaint, we will keep you informed about our progress.
- If you are making a complaint we will do our best to resolve it as quickly as possible.
- If you are not satisfied with the way we handle your complaint, we will tell you about other steps you can take.
2. How to make an enquiry or complaint
When you tell us about your enquiry or complaint, we will strive to solve it straight away, even during the call if you contact us by telephone. First class customer service is vital to us. If we fail to offer excellent customer service, we try to fix this.
You can contact us by telephone, online or in writing:
Telephone 03454 55 55 55*
Writing Customer Services Manager
Phoenix Natural Gas Limited
197 Airport Road West
Fax 028 9055 5500
3. Our complaints handling procedure
If you wish to lodge a complaint and we cannot resolve it immediately, we will give you a reference number (quoting this when you contact us helps us provide a more efficient service).
We will pass your complaint to the relevant departmental manager and aim to respond to your complaint within ten working days of recording it. If we need more time to look into your complaint, we will agree this with you and keep you fully informed of our progress.
Where an initial response has been provided, we will provide a substantive response within 20 working days of recording it.
In the unlikely event that we cannot reach agreement on a satisfactory resolution at this stage, we will endeavour to fully resolve your complaint within three months.
4. What happens if you are still unhappy
If you are still unhappy after giving us the opportunity to resolve your complaint, you can contact the Consumer Council for Northern Ireland for free independent advice. The Consumer Council will act on your behalf and liaise directly with us. You can contact the Consumer Council’s consumer support team on 0800 121 6022 or write to them at:
Consumer Council for Northern Ireland
Floor 3, Seatem House
28-32 Alfred Street
5. The Phoenix Natural Gas Standards of Service
Phoenix Natural Gas is committed to delivering a high quality service to its customers. Under the Gas (Individual Standards of Performance) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2014, all gas companies in Northern Ireland must observe a set of Guaranteed Standards of Service. The Phoenix Natural Gas Notice of Rights (“Notice of Rights”) explains the individual standards of performance you can expect from us and outlines the compensation you could receive if we fail to deliver these standards.
The Phoenix Natural Gas Notice of Rights and Standards of Service documents can be accessed online at Standards Of Service
*Calls to 0345 numbers are charged at the same rate as calls to standard landline numbers starting with 01 and 02. The cost will be the same if you are calling from a landline or mobile. If you have 'free' minutes as part of your mobile phone tariff then calls to 0345 numbers should come out of that and there should be no additional charges on your bill.